Inasmuch as Jamii Telecoms have launched a Mobile Network Operator driven on its data network, there are some hindrances to the service. Faiba 4G is the fourth mobile operator in Kenya working in the 700MHz spectrum (that’s 4G only). Faiba 4G is not enabled on all handsets and you will need a 4G enabled handset to access it. But how can you top up your Faiba 4G line using MPESA? Below we outline an easy to follow procedure on how to top up Faiba line using MPESA.
With the little network coverage by Faiba 4G after its initial launch only a few major cities have coverage. This means its access is limited. For now you can only top up Faiba 4G sim card either from their offices or using MPESA method. We go the MPESA way for now.
Before topping ensure you have a Faiba 4G line which can be purchased at their Headquarter or Faiba Shops in Nairobi.
Procedure on How to top up Faiba 4G Line using Mpesa
- Place your Faiba 4G line into your 4G enabled phone especially Nokia smartphones.
- You can skip step one but make sure you have a Faiba 4G number whose prefix is 0747 XXX XXX as this is the account number.
- Go to SIM toolkit and choose Safaricom then MPESA
- Select Lipa na MPESA then enter pay bill number or business number 776611.
- Proceed to enter your Faiba 4G number (0747 XXX XXX) as the account number
- Enter the amount you wish to buy airtime worth.
- Finalize the process by entering your MPESA PIN and wait for confirmation message from MPESA and a top up message on Faiba 4G network
Secondly, if the above doesn’t apply which in 90% of cases it does you have the manual way. Head over to the Faiba Shop or any partner shop to acquire the scratch cards or even grab a Faiba 4G line or sim card.
You can attest to me that their bundles and tariffs are much more cheaper than the other MNOs. You can have a look at the Faiba 4G bundles rates and pricing.