NSSF is the National Social Security Fund, that’s geared towards making retirement for employed and self employed members. You can still contribute towards your retirement benefits without being an employee of the government or a public service worker. The core role of this article is to let you know how you can register as a voluntary NSSF member.
For employed members, they often have their contributions submitted by their employers. But for self employed or voluntary members you can contribute via MPESA. We have a well outlined procedure on the same and it can be accessed through this link.
What you need to register for a voluntary NSSF member
- Your original national ID or Alien card and photocopy of the same.
- A colored passport and a copy of the same.
- Minimum amount of Kshs. 200 as the initial amount to activate NSSF card
- Visit your the most nearest NSSF branch offices.
- Make sure you visit those offices with the above documents.
- Avail yourself with the above documents and 200 minimum for card activation.
At the NSSF offices your will have your details recorded. Thereafter you will be issued with an NSSF card with the 9-digit NSSF account number.