Nowadays Mobile Money has many things so simple. Remember when paying bills was only done at certain banks and not all banks. But now with mobile money, MPESA, Airtel Money, Equitel, Pesalink and now you can pay at any bank your electricity bill. Today we are going to let you know of how to pay electricity bill using Equitel sim card.
The Equitel Line is available for Equity Bank customers, those who have accounts with Equity Bank. Equitel uses finds in your account to settle your electricity bills.
What you Need to Pay Electricity Bill using Equitel
- Bank Account with Equity Bank
- Equitel SIM Card (Issued at Equity Bank)
- Cash in Equity Bank account
Procedure on How to Pay Electricity Bill using Equitel
- Select Eazzy Pay from your Equitel menu in the SIM Toolkit
- Select Pay Bill from Eazzy Pay.
- Choose the bank account number to pay from e.g.0123456789102
- Select business number – KPLC Bills (Post Paid)
- Enter your full Kenya Power meter number e.g. 2831172-01 or 3436980.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Shs. 100 and Shs. 500,000.
- Enter your Equitel PIN and press OK
- Confirm that all details are correct by pressing 1 OK.
You will receive a text confirmation of the transaction from Equity bank.
Please note that it takes 24 hours for Kenya Power to update your account.