Infinix Hot 2, the Android One smartphone build in conjunction with Google has finally receivefld the final OTA update an extremely big size zipped file. I have been getting gradual updates that were preparations for the final batch of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow getting on Infinix Hot 2. Infinix Hot 2 has finally received the last update for this android one smartphone.
There are usually some delays when it comes to getting the updare package over-the-air (OTA). If you haven’t got an update of about 624.9 MB then you’re not too late. The OTA update should arrive soon on your phone.
For those who can’t wait to get the update onto their phones can download the Android Marshmallow update package from this link. The file for the update is about 624.9 Mb so you surely need enough data like 1Gb of data to download it or download it over Wi-Fi.
How to upgrade Infinix Hot 2 to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android M update from the link above.
- Rename the downloaded Android M zipped folder to update.zip
If your downloads go to Downloads folder by default you need to move it or copy it to the root of your MicroSD card. Though I recommend that you just move it. Don’t copy it. Remember that it should not be in within any folder.
- Thirdly, power off your phone. And when it’s completely off hold or press a combination of both the Volume Up and Power Button to boot into recovery.
- Release the power button and tap volume up once the “Infinix” logo appears on your screen.
- It will show you a dead Android robot with a red sign. If it doesn’t you’ve done it wrongly and should repeat.
- Press Volume Up or Volume down to get into the stock recovery.
- Scroll down with Volume button to Apply Update from SD Card.
- Scroll down to the update.zip and select with the Power Button.
- Select Install and it’s done. It will take sometime to be fully installed.
- Restart your smartphone, after restarting, your device will now be powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow you have been waiting for.
I hope this update will serve to rectify a few bugs and problems that were available in the previoua version. Android 6.0 top has its bugs. If you got a problem, share with us. We might get a solution for you.