After Microsoft recently released a new update to the Windows 10 Preview for phone. However the update was far from being finished. While other users had fun probably using the WIndows 10 Technical Preview, some had their gadgets fail or probably it was not impressive to them. Well you got a way to go back to a more stable build. If you want to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft has made it really simple. You’ll need a computer, your phone, a USB cable, and the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Here is the procedure on how to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1.
If possible, make sure that your computer and phone are charged. And follow the following steps.
- Download and install the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to your computer.
- Open the Windows Phone Recovery Tool and connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable. If your phone is not automatically detected, disconnect it from your computer and press ‘My phone was not detected’ at the bottom and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the phone is detected, tap the phone model on the screen to continue.
- The next screen shows software versions. Tap the reinstall button at the bottom
- There’s a disclaimer that suggests to backup your phone. Tap continue at the bottom.
- The recovery tool downloads and installs the firmware. This may take a while depending on your network connection. The installation files are about 1.7 GB. Make sure not to disconnect the cable.
- If all goes well, you get a message that says, “Operation successfully completed.”
That’s it! You should now be back on Windows Phone 8.1. It is also accompanied by a video from Windows Central which can also give you an outline or deeper and more understandable steps. Check it out below
Source: Windows Central
You can inform us about anything through our contact us form