Many times you perform certain updates that cause unrest in your computer. Here is How to restore your Windows 7 computer to factory settings.
To do that, you have to follow the following steps in order to reset your computer.
To restore your Windows 7 computer to factory settings
1. Back up important files and data. If you do not back up your files, you will lose them.
2. Turn off your computer.
3. Disconnect everything but the monitor, keyboard and mouse. This includes all other peripheral devices i.e.: scanner, printer, modem or network cables, mobile phone and tablet, USB flash drive or other external hard drive
4. If your laptop is docked, remove it from the docking station.
5. Once your computer starts to boot or the Windows Icon appears on the screen, press F8 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then press Enter.
On the System Recovery Options menu, select a keyboard layout and click Next.
On the next screen you can log in as a local user or the Administrator.
Depending on your configuration, you may need to select Factory Tools for Dell and then Factory Image Restore.Loading...
Click Next to open the Confirm Data Deletion menu.
Select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box and click Next.
After the restore operation is complete, click Finish to restart the computer.
Restore any data or programs you want from back up files.
You’re done. Note: this is for dell only