Have you ever heard your power line disconnected by Kenya Power because you didn’t pay your bills in time? Well, this is a common scenario that should never worry you again. There is a simpler way of paying your Kenya Power Bills via MPESA and this step by step guide will save you from uninvited power disconnections.
One other thing that you should do is to register your phone number so all your bills be communicated instantly to your phone number. Relying on third party postal services will always delay.
Here is a procedural way of how to pay Kenya Power electricity bill via MPESA;
Paying your Electricity Bill with M-PESA(Safaricom) is quite easy. One make sure you own a Safaricom SIM card since they’re the ones that provide MPESA.
Step by Step Guide; How to pay Kenya Power Electricity Bill via MPESA
Table of Contents for How to Pay Kenya Power Electricity Bill via MPESA; Step by Step Guide
Make sure in your MPESA account you have enough money that can pay your outstanding electricity bill.
- Go to SIM Toolkit (STK, Services in other phones) then choose MPESA.
- Select Lipa na MPESA from the menu
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-PESA menu.
- Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
- Enter your full Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456-01.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Kes. 100 and Kes. 35,000.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- Confirm that all details are correct and click ok/send
- You will then receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
Please note that it takes 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account.
That’s the only swift way you can lay your Kenya Power Electricity Bill via MPESA and not risk unnecessary disconnections. Hope you’re informed now.