Time when cash was the only option were so hectic. Imagine moving for long distance to access offices for cash or physical payment. Thanks to mobile money, you can now easily submit many of your bills just from your home. In this article you will learn how to pay Dstv subscription via MPESA.
MPESA is one of the most accepted forms of payment in Kenya and has agents countrywide even in the countryside. Upon disconnection by Dstv you can simply pay and have your service restored from within your home.
What you need to Pay Dstv Subscription via MPESA?
- You should have a registered Safaricom Sim card with MPESA service activated.
- Ensure you have enough amount to pay your bills e.g. a minimum of Kshs. 8,000 PR just deposit at a nearby agent.
- Your Dstv account number.
How to Pay Dstv subscription via MPESA (Procedure)
- Go to the Safaricom menu and then select the MPESA
- Proceed to Lipa na MPESA option
- Choose the Paybill option don’t go to But Goods and Services
- Enter the DStv Business number i.e. Paybill number: DStv: 444900
- Under the account number field, enter the DStv Basket ID (reference number) as displayed on Eazy Self Service
- Enter the amount you want to pay e.g. Kshs. 8,000
- Enter your PIN number and click OK
- Thanks to Hakikisha, you will be able to confirm the details entered, enter 1 then Click ‘Ok’ to cancel the transaction or just cancel the notification.
- You will then receive a confirmation SMS of your payment from MPESA.
Note: Make sure that your Dstv decoder is on before handling the payment for reactivation to occur instantly.
Mobile Money has revolutionized mobile money transfer and payment of bills. Hope you enjoyed learning How to Pay Dstv Subscription via MPESA
Thank you hope this helps you a big lot. Share with us by commenting or sharing.