Mobile Money transfer is a game changer. Any digital company and all business bodies majority have implemented mobile money in their business premises. Lipa na MPESA is the method that is used to pay for goods and any services either using paybill number or the till number for those selling goods. National Social Security Fund is one body that caters for retirement benefits among others. Did you know that you can contribute to your NSSF account using MPESA? As a member of the NSSF you need to contribute towards your retirement benefits. Employed members can have their employers pay their NSSF contribution.
If you need to just contribute on your own you can as well use the lipa na mpesa option to top up your NSSF account. It is just as easy as ABC. The main aim of this article is to share how to contribute to your NSSF account using MPESA. MPESA is largely accepted almost anywhere forget about Airtel Money and the others.
Requirement to contribute to your NSSF Account using MPESA
- You need to have an NSSF account. If you don’t have one learn how to register for an NSSF account. It is just easy.
- Have note of your NSSF number which is usually a 9-digit code. This will be used as the account number whole paying via MPESA.
- Enough amount of money to cater for the deposit and the charges on top by the mobile money company in this case Safaricom.
How to contribute to your NSSF account using MPESA
- Ensure you have your NSSF number (usually a 9-digit number on your NSSF card)
- An MPESA registered phone number that is to be used for contributing.
- Total amount you need to send plus the transaction charges.
- Go to your phone apps (menu)
- Select SIM toolkit for smartphones (Services)
- Choose Safaricom then proceed to select MPESA
- Head over to Lipa na MPESA then select Paybill option
- Enter 333300 as your business number
- Account number use your 9-digit NSSF number.
- Enter total amount to contribute e.g. 5,000.
- Enter your PIN number the send.
Make the right choice to choose whether to join the NSSF retirement scheme. As I ttold you we have a step by step guide on how to become a member of NSSF.