Gionee S8 a mid range and budget phone launched earlier this year sports wonderful specifications. Gionee S8 is manufacturer by the same OEM that produced the Gionee P5W that could only boast of 3G. But Gionee S8 has so many unique features to show off to the smartphones of its degree or category.
Gionee S8 apart from being one of the slimmest phones on earth ? at just 7mm thickness it also runs to iPhone 6s with its 3D button. The display too features high quality AMOLED touchscreen that has the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 an upgrade of the device protection we saw on the likes of Tecno Phantom 5.
Gionee S8 Specifications at a Glance
- Display: Features a 5.5-inch AMOLED Touchscreen screen. Resolution of 1080p (1080×1920 pixels). It got a pixel density of 401 ppi.
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Platform: Gionee S8 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is powered by an octa-core processor, clock frequency 1.9GHz. Android Marshmallow is laced up with Amigo OS v3.2.
- CPU : Features an octa core processor with MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset. On top of that the great frequency of 1.9ghz.
- GPU: Mali-860MP2
- Storage: Features a 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. It has an SD card slot to take up to 200GB
- Cameras: Dual cameras; the primary camera is 16MP and the front snapper features 8MP sensor.
- Connectivity: Supports 4G or LTE connectivity, Bluetooth is enabled and too sports fingerprint identification.
- Battery : the battery is inbuilt that’s not removable lithium ion battery. It got a capacity of 3000mAh.
Gionee S8 from the above sneaky specs you can feel that it is a powerful mid range smartphone. Its 3D touch display gives a little competition to iPhone 6+.
5.5 inch display screen, an AMOLED display. Deviate from the normal IPS, HD to AMOLED screen. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Screen resolution of 1920*1080 pixels with a pixel density of 401ppi.
Runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow laced up with their custom UI, the Amigo OS v3.2. It is equipped with powerful processor an octa core processor with MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 chipset with a clock frequency of 1.9GHz.
Gionee also equipped the Gionee S8 with a 4GB RAM for efficient multitasking and a 64GB ROM for storage. It got an SD slot expandable with additional 200GB.
Cameras are good the specs on paper say that. It features a 16MP primary or rear camera that has a LED flashlight. The front shooter or selfie snapper is equipped with an 8MP sensor, good selfies and video calls.
The battery of Gionee S8 is inbuilt. It is a lithium ion battery with 3000mAh capacity. Many good phones are launching with 3000mAh with fast charge technology.
Below are the Gionee S8 Full Technical Specifications
- Brand: Gionee
- Name: Gionee S8
- Launch: Feb, 2016
- Dimensions : 154.3 x 74.9 x 7 mm
- Weight : 147.2g
- Keyboard: Touchscreen
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixels per inch (PPI): 401
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4 – 3D Touch display
- OS: Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- UI: Amigo OS 3.2
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10
- CPU: Octa-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T860MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- SD card slot: Yes, up to 200 GB
- Rear Camera: 16 MP, f/1.8, phase detection and laser autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Headphones: Yes 3.5mm jack, 24-bit/192kHz audio, DTS sound
- FM Radio: Yes
- SIM : Dual
- SIM Type : Micro and Nano SIM
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Compass: Yes
- Fingerprint: Yes
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion Battery
- Battery Capacity : 3000 mAh battery
- Non-removable: Yes
You can inform us about anything through our contact us form