Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology just like any other university in Kenya has an online student and staff portal. This portal however you need to create an account first before proceeding on doing anything through it. How to create a MMUST Student portal account for the first time is the main agenda of this article.
What you can do via the MMUST Student Portal
- You can access the University services under one roof
- You can register your course units online through the MMUST Student Portal
- You can download fee statements of any year as you want.
- Book for accommodation in the University hall of residence
- Access news and events within the university
- Download exam results and academic transcripts from the MMUST Student Portal
What you need to Create a MMUST Student Portal Account
- You MUST be a student registered and admitted at the Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
- You have a smartphone and having other key browsers like Chrome or Firefox for Android and not Opera Mini
- Visited the University’s ICT office to get email address and password
All New Students at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology are advised to first get their email and password from the ICT office.
For those students or staff/employees using smartphones to access the Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, they are advised to use Mozilla firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Avoid using opera mini as much as you can while access the portal.
Visit the Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology portal via portal.mmust.ac.ke. After accessing the page you will be brought to a sign in page.
At the bottom right corner on the portal website, click an Create account. This will direct you to a page where you can enter your details.
Under Registration/Employee number, enter your Registration number
Password field: enter a password of your choice
Confirm password field allows you to reenter the password to confirm it then Click submit .
You will be notified that an activation code has been sent to your MMUST Student Corporate email.
Visit gmail.com in your web browser be it Firefox or Chrome.
Login in with your MMUST Student email address the one you poked at the University ICT office and the corresponding password
If prompted to change the password. Do so appropriately and remember the new password.
Under Inbox label your will find a MMUST Student Portal confirmation email/link. Click on this link to activate the portal account .
You can now login to the portal with your registration number & password you chose chose signing up.