Many landlords have reverted to letting tenants pay their own bills and get disconnected whenever they fail to or delay. Kenya Power also is using their Prepay Power Meter to regulate power use.
In a move to make it easy to pay the bills individually we have the Kenya Power Token units that serve as the power regulation units. If they get finished.
The aim of this article is to inform you on how to Buy Kenya Power tokens via Mpesa. MPESA being the only largely accepted payment form.
Procedure: How To Buy Kenya Power Token via M-PESA
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit from your phone no matter the kind of phone you have. You can look at services of your phone is not a smartphone.
- Select M-PESA menu
- Choose Lipa na M-PESA option
- Select Pay Bill from the options provided. Leave out Buy Goods and Services.
- Select Enter Business no and Enter Kenya Power Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number for PrePay uses which is 888880 and then press OK.
- You will see the Enter Account no box. Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number (usually 11 digits in total. It is located at a bar code on the meter) then press OK.
- Enter Amount that you need to pay usually between Ksh. 100 and Ksh. 35,000 and press OK.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press OK
- You will receive an M-PESA HAKIKISHA notification. Check to confirm that the transaction is sent to Kenya Power unless cancel by replying with 1 within 25 seconds.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA.
- KPLC will then generate prepaid token valid for your meter and send via SMS. It does sometimes delay so just relax as they process.
This finalized the article how to buy Kenya Power token via M-Pesa.