I earlier posted a story on how to Buy Kenya Power tokens via Mpesa being the only option and well it has worked great from feedback received. In this article however, keen overview is posted receiving SMSes (short messages) with you bill information. You can do this online via email or use your phone number to get SMS as related to that.
Kenya Power E-bill is an electronic bill enquiry service by Kenya Power for their users. Kenya Power allows you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date any time, by SMS or e-mail. This majorly are the two popular forms that are used in day to day activities.
How Kenya Power E-bill Works
Sit tight and relax, in a paragraph or pointed format you can get step by step guide on how to check your monthly or bilking stuff at anytime you feel like. E-bill is delivered in two forms SMS and Email service.
How to use E-bill SMS Service
The E-bill SMS service allows you to query your electricity account balance and bill due date using your mobile phone. Follow these easy steps:
- Go to you phone and select Messages
- Open a new SMS message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the message field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Send this message to 95551.
- In a few seconds you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details.
This service works for Kenyan networks. It is charged at Kshs. 5/- above the normal SMS rates.
How to use E-bill e-mail Service
The E-bill e-mail service enables you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date via e-mail. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open your browser and login to your email account
- Compose a new e-mail message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Email the blank message to bill(at)kplc.co.ke Within a few minutes you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
- It is important to key in the correct account number and follow the procedure of sending the message in order to get a positive response.
Also note that despite the introduction of E-bill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be dispatched through your postal address.